The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Friday, May 26, 2006

Wuxi success stories















I am here now in the “Mixed Area” lounge at Pudong airport waiting now to catch my flight back to Seoul, Korea.

Yesterday was a complete success in terms of meetings and execution of my itinerary. My meeting with Wuxi Industrial Design Park members went well and I sense a potential possibility of partnering with them as they now transition to a more “value added” economy in China. We had an interesting lunch where the most interesting taste on the menus was fish brain dipped in vinegar. I was given a tour of the stunning display of Wuxi tax revenue and given a glimpse into their plans to build an Industrial Design Disney Park complete with housing, recreation and work facilities. A very exemplar display of centrally planned government activity.

After lunch my afternoon contact was waiting for me back at the office and we introduced ourselves and he sat in on the presentation by the WIP people. A bit dry and stale but none the less fruitful in terms of getting an idea of how we could potentially partner together in the future.

Afterwards, my afternoon contact and I departed in the rain and headed over to his hotel to meeting his associate with whom I had set up the meeting with originally. We decided to forgo our original plan to take the train to Nanjing and see their offices. It proved just too far away to allow me to return to Shanghai afterwards at a reasonable hour. So we got in a cab and headed over to a private lounge for what turned out to be a 6 hour meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home