The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Arriving in Korea















So here I am, Seoul!

I arrived last night comfortably around 6 pm and passed through customs with flying colors. I actually had some interesting conversation with a guy that sat next to me on the flight. He was an undergraduate student from New York attending school in Illinois and traveling to Seoul to work an internship at the Justice Department for the summer. I usually never enguage in chatting on long haul flights. So a good omen none the less.

I was accosted by the usual suspects as I emerged from the international terminal at Incheon.

"Taxi" "you need taxi?"

These guys will charge you equal to $115 just to drive you in their private car to Seoul. So I asked a few questions at the sidewalk transport area using my new Korean skills and boarded the limousine bus without being charged at all. Sweet! Good omen #2.

Seoul is foggy! I guess there was much rain the day before so it is remianing in the air and preventing me from seeing all of the vistas that Seoul usually has to offer on a sunny day.

Not staying here long, I'll hop a jet after breakfast to Shangahi today to persue the first phase of my trip and meet with several design related professionals in Shanghai and surrounding cities. Never been to Shanghai before, so am looking forward to some emperical exploring.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home