The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Memorial Day

So I'm down in the laudry room this morning doing a few loads before my trip, and I find this card pinned to the tennant bulletin board.

It then occurred to me that in today's climate, the so called war in Iraq has had quite the opposite effect as this card's sentiment portrays. Because of American foreign policy in the world today, my freedom has diminished and become inhibited. Others look at the US with disdain and we are not as well received when we move about the planet as Americans. I am concerned to travel abroad and tell others where I am a citizen of.

It is sad and tragic to consider how we are the most powerful nation in history, and we are choosing to !@#$% up our good name with such incompetence in the White House.

To the Veterans that fought the good fight and the ones who have fallen due to poor decicion making skills, I honor you this Memorial Day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home