The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Chinese Consulate

So I was down at the Chinese consulate bright and early this morning to apply for my visa to visit Shanghai. I was talking to a woman who was standing in line for her brother who lives in Seattle. Evidently because there are only 5 offices in the US, you can have someone act on your behalf to process your application. I am fortunate that it is just down the street from me.

The line extended out the door and down the street indicating a rise in demand for entry visas into China. Although the majority of people standing in line were probably Chinese, many faces were of other ethinicities including mine. Demand for entry is up!

I tried for the 2 year $150 multiple entry visa, but was shut down and reduced to just a one year application due to not owning a business in China....yet.

We'll see if my plans to visit check out with the athorities. I was surprised to learn that I can pick up my visa in only 4 days.

4 Comments:

  • At Thu May 04, 11:15:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there Symbiont, I’m out surfing for a good blog experience on 4ecorp.com and found your great site. Although The Chinese Consulate wasn’t exactly what I’m looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your excellent blog-site when I was searching for 4ecorp.com related web sites and I’m glad I found your site even though its not an exact match. Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

     
  • At Fri May 05, 06:15:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there Symbiont, I was looking for an educational blog experience on 4ecorp.com and I found your blog-site. The Chinese Consulate isn’t exactly what I was searching for but it did get my and interest. Now I know why I found your excellent blog-site when I was looking for 4ecorp.com related information and I’m glad I did even though its not an exact find. Great Informative Post, thanks for the read and educational experience.

     
  • At Fri May 05, 08:43:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Symbiont, I’m out searching the web for the latest
    and greatest information on save gas and found your
    great site. Although this post wasn’t specifically
    what I was looking for it definitely got my interest
    and attention. I see now why I found your interesting
    blog when I was looking for save gas related
    information and I’m grateful I found your site even
    though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks
    for your informative site,

     
  • At Fri Jun 09, 06:23:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home