The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Friends and Family...

I get on the red eye tonight to travel to Minneapolis for some family time over the weekend.

My uncle is getting married and throwing a party. Funny, he is on his 3rd marriage and I have yet to engage in my first...He is getting on in years and I really can't afford to make this trip, but how can I say no to my favourite uncle who granted me such freedom when I was a young lad.

When I was just 10 years old, he bequeathed a fishing boat to me which allowed me to explore the wonders of Lake Minnetonka as a solo captain. This gift gave birth to my travel wanderlust and excitement in visiting other cultures.

I'll play some golf with some old highschool friends, visit a couple and their 2 kids that I have not seen since I returned from Singapore. My sister has agreed to let me stay at her place which will give me the opportunity to cook for them. I love seeing my nieces and watch them grow into little girls. Soon I will be saying... young women. I'll spend some time with my parents and maybe see my brother. I had a dream this morning that included he and his wife.

I'll always appreciate the opportunity to see my family in Minneapolis, as I am fortunate to know such wonderful and flawed individuals.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home