The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Eastern China Airline....delay!

Sitting here at Incheon after learning of a delay to my flight to Shanghai.

I guess my good omens have run out temporarily and I am now in "dues paying" mode as I prepare for my first trip to Shanghai. It is not surprising to experience such a snag as this will be probably the first of many trips to China in the near future and will need to experience a few bumps along the way to toughen up my Chinese chops.

I cannot get over how wonderfully this nation keeps everything so clean and well maintained! As I was standing in line waiting to check in there was what appeared to be a 50+ year old woman down on the floor with a razor blade removing some stuck on chewing gum. You would never see this in the states. It appears lately that no one is interested in such work. Whereas here in Korea, there is much discipline in keeping what they have in tip top shape for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home