The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm back in the saddle....agian.

Just returned from my mechanic where my VFR was being repaired after my crash several weeks ago.

Now that I have my first crash, ensuing insurance company debacle and subsequent recuperation, I can say that I am a wiser rider now. My cred is real from here on out.

As I took my motorcycle through its paces in the Presideo, I felt my mojo return to previous levels, but with a new little voice inside my head saying to "slow down" and "be more careful and alert." My moron radar has just been upgraded as well to look out for the other drivers who are oblivious to us two wheeled types.

Crashing, repairing and working the system in California is indeed a minefield and a very large headache. None the less, I navigated my way through the process and am now back to normalcy. I just have to receive my bonus check from State Farm and then battle once more with Ca DMV to register my now "salvaged" motorcylce. Ptssss!

Just in time too, as I plan my next summer odyssey back east next month...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home