The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Entertaining guests


So I have a friend of mine coming in from Seoul for a few days.

I have been surprised at myself in the amount of time spent getting ready for her arrival. She has agreed to stay at my apartment so I have been unusually busy getting the place in order to allow comfort and relaxation for her.

My parents were in town a few weeks ago, and I put them up at a local executive short stay. It worked out well and they liked their accommodation. It worked out for me as well, as I could still do my usual morning routine for business items and such.

I'm particularly calm and am keeping my energy from slipping out too early. When my parents were here visiting, I was under an unusual amount of stress, and as a result my mouth became filled with canker sores. Something that has not happened for a long time.

Rather than go shopping before hand, I thought it would be interesting for she and I to go to the markets I frequent, together. This way I can see her in action and she can pick out what she likes and let me know what she dislikes. I can learn more about her this way.

I'm planning several outings that will give here an idea of what life is like in the bay area. One day will be spent touring the sights to behold in SF (Presideo, Ocean Beach, Chrissy field, Union Square, embarcadero, Twin Peaks etc.) She is an academic, so we will visit both the Berkeley campus and Stanford as well. We will celebrate her birthday while she is here so I am planning on a trip to the wine country for a massage and further relaxation.

I'm looking forward to her arrival now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home