The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Designing the next crack...

As someone who is involved in product design/development and education, I find it ever elusive to reconcile with the urge to design for myself and my own wants and needs, or to create the next "crack like substance" for the masses that they just cannot get enough of.

How do I enter the psyche of the girl with the makeup and jeans on to think of the next product she might want to buy in the next five years? How would its functionality behave, how would its packaging be alluring or what materials would convey her current aesthetic tastes.

How do I imagine the desire of the Indian guy who has just become a father for the second time and is now in the market for a new car, but is also in debt up to his ears?

Personally, I want to design a fashion line that mixes both lingiere and motorcycle leathers....but then I ask myself, who would buy this?

I find these thoughts creeping into my daily musings when I am hard at work designing the next crack experience for the consumers of tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home