The California Office

Empirical opinion, intuitive viewpoints and the world we live in...by the savvysymbiont

Monday, June 25, 2007

So much technology...so little productivity

Its all zeros and ones...

Lately I have been expressing myself on Youtube. So my writing skills have been put on the back burner for a while here.

Today I spent the afternoon trying to book airfare to Tokyo for a business trip next month. My usual keystroke methods seemed to escape me as I tried to scour the web for flight deals and hotel accommodations. There is such a panoply of choice when it comes to booking travel arrangements online that the frustration that comes with discovering just how much you can get ripped off, leads to you spend inordinate amounts of time cruising for a better deal.

Whether it was the Korean Air website telling me that they did not take amex if I was logging in from Korea, or finding out that if I logged into the site as if I was currently in the US, I would be paying an extra US$200 for the same round trip ticket from Seoul to Narita, it just did not come together for me today...at all.

The technology at our disposal today is staggering. Always something new to discover and always something new to learn. And just when you thought you knew how to navigate a particular site to get something done, the company decides to change the design and alter the efficient work-flow that you have committed to memory. Not to mention internet banking and all of the paranoia that goes with trying to actually use your account to purchase something and paying for all of the "newest" security measures that they implement each and every day.

I only had to make one phone call to customer service to verify if my master-card had been verified so I could use it to book a fare. The anxiety that goes along with dealing with bank customer service is similar to smoking in that it can take days off of ones life.

So...I took a break and went out for a walk only to have it start raining on me....

Monday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home